The Baker Showcase held on Feb 02, 2013 at Greams Road (Asan Memorial School) brought forward some of the best home bakers of Chennai together for The Baker Showcase event! That means, a lot of innovative and awesome cakes, pastries, bakes and confectioneries for food-lovers to buy and eat 🙂
It seems, the Baker showcase is held once in 4 months somewhere in Chennai and this event brings around 15 well-known home bakers of Chennai on a single platform. Most of these bakers regularly make and supply such items to friends/relatives and even general public (on request or if stocks are available) throughout the year.
You’ll not be able to find most of these items in regular bakeries/shops. Don’t think that home bakers means they may not be professional, they are. Many of them have their own facebook pages/websites where you can see what is available and order online/over phone/by email. You can also drop in by their house to pick up something and large orders will be delivered/couriered to your house.
I did ask one of the bakers on why they don’t have their own shop and she told me that setting up a shop in Chennai (that too in a relatively posh area) requires a lot of investment, besides govt. procedures/man power/maintenance, etc. Hence they want to make it in their homes and supply to people who are interested. You can also contact them if you want custom-made cakes, etc.
I have provided the Name/Facebook page/Contact details of the home bakers who participated in this fest, below. You can contact them (contact details provided in their facebook page/site linked to, below), if you require any special pastries, etc. in Chennai.
- Bakeman Begins (Karthika Sravanthi) – www.facebook.com/BakemanBegins
- Sweet Nothings (Shivangi Daga) – www.facebook.com/sweetnothingsbyshivangidaga
- The Sugar Hut (Nanditha Sashidharan – www.facebook.com/thesugarhut
- The Sweet Art (Sujani Nagarajah) – www.facebook.com/thesweetart14
- V’s Bakehouse (Veena Sakthi) – www.facebook.com/VsBakehouse
- Pearl CDC (Ayeesha Riaz) – www.facebook.com/PearlCdc
- Fresh Baked Goodness (Meghana Karthik) – www.facebook.com/freshbakedgoodness
- Tangerine’s Kitchen (Divya Ninan-Eapen) – www.facebook.com/TangerinesKitchen
- The Sweet Story (Cheshta Malik) – www.facebook.com/thesweetstory
- Choc of the Town (Subhatra Priyadarshini R) – www.chocofthetown.com
I’ll leave you with some awesome pics I clicked at The Baker Showcase. Of course, I did eat some of them and parceled some more. No, it’s over already! 😀
Howwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzzz iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttt? I can see that you are already wide-eyed, open-mouthed and full of envy. Just know that it gives me immense satisfaction 😛 I have some more pictures, but I don’t want to put it here. Otherwise, you might die of jealousy 😛 😀 😛